From: bartelt
To: Stramaglia, Carlo
Cc: linux-kernel
Subject: Re: Linux NFS Problem
Date: 11 July 1996 23:03

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Stramaglia, Carlo wrote:
> I'm installing a NFS Boot Server for 65 Diskless Clients.
> The problem is that after booting 40 PC's the other clients become to
> receive errors like:
>
> NFS NOT RESPONDING STILL TRYING
> NFS OK

I know these errors good, but they may be cause by many other problems,
for example an overloaded NFS server, an defective device in the net,
excessive collisions...

What intervalls, what is our network hardware, can you ping all on
nodes on your net, what are the response times?

If it's not kernel related, we should continue elsewhere.

Bernhard Kaindl

| Bernhard Kaindl, author of the prototype for linux xconfig and menu- |
| config, kmenu, which showed how to write a menu based kernel config |
| which generates menus from the standard linux kernel config scripts. |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.036 / U:0.012 seconds]