SubjectPPP slow between Linux and Solaris - why is it so?
I have been monitoring this list for quite a while now and I remember a
discussion of the problem with TCP over PPP being slow between Linux and
Solaris.

I remember someone mentioned that Solaris was retransmitting packets too
quickly or something causing >50% of bandwidth to be used up by duplicate
packets. I got the impression that Solaris was to blame. Is this
correct? In any case, I do not remember anyone ever mentioning a fix /
trick / work around to get the throughput back up to what it should be.

This subject appears from time to time on comp.os.linux.networking, but I
am still in the dark, and out of pocket with my ISP :-(

Could someone please enlighten me?

- Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.074 / U:0.608 seconds]