SubjectRe: NFS timeouts? NFS is not supposed to time out.
Date
Simon Karpen said:

> I have wuarchive NFS-mounted via a 14.4 modem and a PPP connection.
> It often takes several attempts to access a file because of NFS timeouts.
> It is mounted with the options: ro,bg,intr,soft,noexec,nosuid,noauto,user
^^^^
> >From my experience with SunOS, NFS mounted filesystems are not supposed

The option soft is there to give this behaviour, soft means time out and
return an error when you get no response in a given time. Either mount the
filesystem hard, or change the option timeo to something more reasonable
for such a filesystem. (and check linux honours the timeo option :-).

--
Jon. <jon@gte.esi.us.es, http://www.esi.us.es/~jon>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.130 / U:0.380 seconds]