SubjectRe: Sun, Java, Linux
Date
> > > Dude, do you see a C compiler in the kernel?  How about C++ ?
> > > Fortran? Ada? Pascal? BASIC? Any programming language at all?
> > >
> > > Compilation or interpretation of a programming language is a user-space
> > > thing - it does NOT belong in the kernel.
> > >
> > > The kernel is for funky things like hardware drivers, handling the
> > > multitasking, etc.
> > >
> > Tell that to Sun.
> >

> Just because Sun gives in to the whims of the marketing staff doesn't mean
> the Linux community must.

You are absolutely correct, but I try to convince some people at my
company into Linux/Sparc, and if I can say: "It says Java on the box"
for 190 lines of kernel code, I like that.

I can't help the stupidity of those others, I only want to run some
good software.

Eddie.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.039 / U:3.244 seconds]