    > Subject: Linux 2.0

    Linus Torvalds went on to freeze the blood of the readers of the
    linux-kernel list:

    > Heh, thought I'd get your attention with that subject line..
    > Anyway, I'm not _just_ out after attention. I just made pre2.0.13, and you
    > should consider this a "final test release", with the real 2.0 coming out this
    > weekend (and if I fail, may God strike me down with a zhh%%gzh

    Fortunately, he resurrected just minutes later saying:
    > Just kidding, folks..

    So, after having reported a mystifying absence of bugs on my system for all
    of the pre2.0 series, and declaring myself astounded by the speed and quality
    of Linux's evolution, I ask:

    Will Linus come up with a sufficiently Cool Name for 2.0 ?

    What will the world be like after 2.0 ?

    Will 2.1 be as hectic and interesting as 2.0 ?

    If anybody wanted to try his hand and help, he could do it better if
    forewarned. So, I want to know where will Linux be heading.

    I know about IPv6, POSIX.6. I know about XXXX support in the kernel, which
    will not happen, will happen in part or will provoke a fission in Linux
    development. What else ?

    NFSv3 ?
    ATM ? (I know W. Almesberger is working on it)
    PA-RISC port ?
    Linux on SGI boxes ?
    VGER running Linux and working perfectly :) ?
    RAID levels > 0 ?
    Journaling filesystem ?
    Portals filesystem ?

    Anything else ? Anything already implemented ?

    Luca Lizzeri

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.025 / U:72.220 seconds]