    SubjectRe: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.
    On 6 Jun 1996, Niels =?UNKNOWN-8BIT?Q?M=F6ller?= wrote:

    > Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net> writes:
    >
    > > Before GGI can go in you will have to address support for at least X and
    > > enough SVGAlib support to run doom, otherwise people won't use it. That
    > > shouldnt be a big problem, and if they screw up well its their problem not
    > > yours ;)
    >
    > Perhaps you can get some design ideas from frambuffer devices that are
    > part of the m68k port. As far as I understand, it works quite well
    > for both Amigas and Ataris. You can even use the same X-server on both
    > types of machines...

    The 68k people have expressed interest in having the GGI run on
    their systems. I personally haven't looked at their code (man, I really
    wish I still had an Amiga!), but we will take good ideas anywhere we can
    find them.

    Jon Taylor = <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu> | <http://gaia.ecs.csus.edu/~taylorj>
    Moderation is for monks." - Lazarus Long

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.019 / U:0.048 seconds]