SubjectRe: Cyrix anyone?
>    > > Try this: look at http://www.intel.com/ at the Pentium specs.
> > > Among them you will see that certain info is _NOT_ publically
> > > available about the Pentium's "special" features - you can sign
> > > an NDA to get the info though.
> >
> > Heheh.. look on http://www.x86.org and its all there. The P6 manual is also
> > complete in most respects and they've not done anything stupid
>
> Uhm... everything except the Appendix H (must be signed under NDA), in one
> of the pages...
>
> A lot of the stuff that's reputed to be in Appendix H is on that page.

Duuuh! If Cyrix used this info they would lose any court case.
That was my point. Sure we can use what we want, and even reverse
engineer stuff...the big boys don't care about us (yet). It is an
entirely a different matter when a billion dollar company steals the
secrets of another.

I don't know why this thread has gone on so long: The Cyrix processor cannot
run 100% of Pentium code. Case closed - Next case please!

--
Andrew E. Mileski
mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net My home page http://www.redhat.com/~aem/

Red Hat Software sponsors these pages - I have no other affilitation
with Red Hat Software, and I have never used any of their products.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.050 / U:0.516 seconds]