    SubjectConsole as terminal on serial port

    Out of curiousity, has anyone done any work on configuring
    the kernel to boot up and use a serial port as the console?

    I'd like to role a router out of linux, but would like to have
    the console as a terminal. This may sound silly, but it saves $60-$150
    on a monitor and video card and the serial port can be connected to
    another system on my network (yea, I'm cheap).

    Mark
    Mark Buckaway | mark@datasoft.com | http://www.datasoft.com/
    I am Pentium of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be approximated.
    Subscribe to the Funny Jokes and Funny stuff or the Movie Review mailing
    lists. Send email to majordomo@datasoft.com with "subscribe funny"
    or "subscribe movies" in the message body.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:1.036 seconds]