    SubjectRe: Why RedHat distribution.
    On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, hab wrote:

    > Why do I ask that on the Kernel list?
    > This is where I first heard of it.
    > I am interested in Kernel developers views.
    > Linus uses it on at least one machine.
    > A kernel without compatible software isn't worth much.
    > I have seen criticism here about non free software.
    > I can't seem to get on the RedHat mailing list.
    > Others who follow this list like me are interested in Why people we respect are
    > using it?
    >
    > I've tried it and have mixed feelings about it.
    >
    > PRO's Cons
    > RPM where is Packages.rpm
    > Current Doesn't recognize VFAT
    > Install init custom Where is Install init Source
    > Source and Binaries Availble Can't use them without Packages.rpm
    >
    > I would like to use it but right now I am feeling bullied into buying a book
    > with it's outlandish $5.95 shipping charge.
    >
    > Hubert Bahr

    You may also want to look into Debian Linux. Look at http://www.debian.org.

    Note, I have not tried RedHat so I am not saying Debian is /better/... But I
    think Debian is /good/.

    __kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__2.0.0___
    "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.021 / U:0.264 seconds]