    SubjectRe: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1)

    > I don't really think that this discussion has anything to do with the
    > linux kernel, but I still have to ask a question: WHY? How often do most
    > of us even BOOT the kernel? My machine's been up a couple of months

    On average, I have 1 reboot/hour and sometimes >10 reboots/hour.
    Of course, I'm hacking the kernel.

    The pretty boot is not for me, or for you. It is for the 'others'
    who want a warm fuzzy. Personally, an image of a penguin on the beach
    doesn't have the same effect as Claudia Schiffer on the beach wallpaper
    does :-) To each his/her own.

    --
    Andrew E. Mileski
    mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net My home page http://www.redhat.com/~aem/

    Red Hat Software sponsors these pages - I have no other affilitation
    with Red Hat Software, and I have never used any of their products.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:29.008 seconds]