[lkml]   [1996]   [Jun]   [2]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
Subjectpre2.0.10 got TCP working
To be truthfull, I wasn't sure that there was anything
really wrong until about last week -- and now that I had
time to test things, 2.99.10 got things working.

Basically at BIG TCP-stream transfers (100 - 400 MB at
a time!) I got breaks at the transfers over ethernet.
(Runtime generated streams, and thus only 100-300 kB/s)

I had also gotten spodaric reports that FTP from
over slow SLIP/PPP links has tendency to break after about
15 minutes time, and when I did network traces, I could not
find anything wrong...

However it didn't always (I recall) take 15 minutes to get
a break at the FTP data-stream, nor with my test-streams
either. As the last changes were about TCP timers, that
was the bug then. (..perhaps..)

Things are improving :-)

/Matti Aarnio <>

 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.016 / U:14.568 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site