    SubjectRe: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1)
    [old replies removed]

    > Hate to sound stupid, but just how is lilo going to go about
    > displaying graphical images? Are we going to put graphics support
    > into lilo?

    That's what I was considering anyways. Although it looks like it
    would be a heck of a lot easier to add it to loadlin.

    I think it should go into the loader since we want it to come up
    before the boot messages and we certainly don't need this kind of
    code in the kernel.

    > Do you think that's going to fit into the MBR or
    > superblock? And what about those ppl who don't use lilo?

    Well, the kernel doesn't fit into the MBR or Superblock either. I
    imagine the graphic image could be loaded in a similar manner.

    > -- Matt

    Dwight Hubbard
    MCI ISN Tech Support MCIMAIL: 200-1654
    VNET 820-6403 INNERMAIL:

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.044 / U:17.028 seconds]