    SubjectRe: 2.0.0 hung
    On Mon, 17 Jun 1996 d-seaman@ukans.edu wrote:

    > I am running Red Hat 3.0.3, all the newest packages (modules, etc). Today
    > for the first time in MONTHS Linux totally hung. I opened up xmmix, the
    > speakers popped (which is normal when the sound card is initialized). THen
    > X froze and nothing would work. Caps lock wouldn't come on, 3 finger
    > salute didn't work, nothing. A totally locked system. No errors in the
    > system logs either.
    >
    > However, since then I can open xmmix with no problems. This is with a
    > sound blaster AWE 32, and everything as modules. Kerneld 2.0.0, too.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this happen?
    >
    > Derek
    >
    > /---------------------------+-----------------+-----------\
    > | Derek L. Seaman | P90/Wide SCSI II| Open |
    > | University of Kansas |48MB Ram/3.5GB HD|Windoze let|
    > | Mechanical Engineering | 4mm 8GB DAT | bugs in. |
    > | 1997 Formula SAE Car |17" Nanao F2-17EX| RedHat |
    > | d-seaman@ukans.edu |HP LJ 5MP/SB AWE | *LINUX* |
    > \---------------------------+-----------------+-----------/

    I've got almost the same problem with mod-0.81 (compiled with X support)
    it sometimes hang itself giveing no audio output under X , if it has to
    "ask" kerneld load the sound module, sometimes the playing child goes into
    a unkillable zombie! blocking my soundcard, the only way to kill it is to
    reboot :( I use my GUS for modplayin. I also have a SBpro in my computer.
    My guess is that kerneld gets swaped out and takes to long to get back
    into memory again ? anyone knows about what it can be ?

    | We the willing, lead by the ignorant, make the impossible |
    | for the unthankfull. We have done so much for such a long time with |
    | so few resources, that we now have qualified ourselves to do anything |
    | with the help of nothing. |
    | Daniel "Que" Lehnberg , danielle@student.docs.uu.se , cel93dlg@ima.mdh.se |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:60.616 seconds]