SubjectRe: BEWARE! Linux seteuid is broken!
Date

> > I already did it by replacing pretty useless setfs.ids with correct sete.id.
> > setfs.id were bad idea (the greatest fault is that fs.id is write only and
> > it is impossible to save/restore it) and my nfsd does not use setfs.id
> > in any case.
>
> setfsuid() is used very effectively by the user mode nfsd and by troll tech
> ftpd.
I do not know about troll tech ftpd, but nfsd improvement was ridiculously
small. Do not forget also, that I use secure RPC so that I am deemed
to reset euid to super-user accepting any incoming request.

> > works at any unix flavor that I have around except for Linux. It's funny,
> > is not it?
>
> No.. It suggests we need to do a little work 8)

Alas...

Alexey Kuznetsov.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.058 / U:1.484 seconds]