    SubjectRe: Pruning the tree
    On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Johnie Stafford wrote:
    > >> I think a reduction of over 20% and close to 1.1 MB is a major
    > >> difference and certainly worth "the trouble," especially when we think
    > >> of the future. What happens when we add more ports. What about porting
    > >> to IBM Mainframes!
    >
    > mh> 1.1 MB is peanuts! we're talking a measly 5 minutes of download,
    >
    > This assumes that we all have T1 links. It took me about an hour and a
    > half to download the new source the other night.

    Then download the patch....... even with a 14.4 modem it will take you on
    average not more then 1.5 minutes to download it.

    I really think the idea of putting out the full source only every 5 to 10
    versions is a good one.

    Mike

    Michael Neuffer i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
    mike@i-Connect.Net 13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
    503.677.2900 Beaverton, OR 97008

    "Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money from true US
    companies like Microsoft." -- Some AOL'er.
    "Maybe you should telephone the Internet and talk to their tech
    support people."
    (Reply from an AOL tech-support rep speaking to a customer complaining
    about e-mail that failed to go through.)
    (SOURCE: Internet World, February 1995, p. 18)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:66.288 seconds]