    SubjectRe: 2.2.0 wishlist (Andrew E. Mileski) writes:

    >PnP = Plug-and-Play
    >Unfortunately this has come to mean Microsoft/Windows95/x86 :-(
    >It doesn't though! It means plug it in and forget it.

    >ALL devices can be PnP to some extent. I already have a skeleton
    >for the support of: PnP BIOS, PnP ISA, ISA, EISA, PCI, PCMCIA, MCA,
    >and legacy (non-PnP) systemboard devices. Yes, I'm still catering
    >to x86 devices, as they are the only ones that are really mucked up
    >to the point of absurdity.

    Please remember, that there is already a working PnP Implemetation
    since 1987: The Amiga Autoconfig(TM) system. Maybe you can integrate
    this (it is in the Amiga Kernel Source Tree) in a compatible way into
    your PnP stuff (which I would love to see!).

    Henning Schmiedehausen ...side by side in orbit... around a fairer SUN.

    The other great advantage of FDDI not to be overlooked when its between
    buildings is that it melts when hit by lightning instead of destroying the
    devices connected to it. -- Alan Cox

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.016 / U:116.188 seconds]