SubjectRe: make
Date
> Anders Broberg wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Mait Mandel wrote:
> >
> > > For the last two days I get the error:
> > > make: *** No rule to make target '../(whatever)/..' . Stop.
> > > or make: *** No targets and makefile found. Stop.
> > > Although there is a Makefile in the directory and there are targets (all:
> > > , install: , whatever else) in the Makefile.
> >
> > Try updating your "make" to a more recent version. I experienced the same
> > problem when i upgraded the kernel, but make-3.74-elf-libc-5 worked a lot
> > better than the old one.
> >
> > Maybe someone could explain what made the old "make" stop working?
> >

> Extract from the file release.libc-5.2.18 by H.J. <hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
> found on sunsite and other mirrors (if anyone has bothered to do some basic
> "read-before-you-install" kinda thing!)

Well for your information I did read the release notes. I did recompile
make and I STILL have the problem with the new excutable. Not too mention
the little probablem their talking about should cause any problems with the
old executables. When it comes to executing binaries your computer doesn't
care what you use for variables name it removes them anyways in compilation
unelss you tell it to include them for debugging.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.078 / U:0.112 seconds]