SubjectSparc disk and UFS
Am I missing something (like a brain), or is UFS only for use on
DOS-style partitioned disks? I tried to take a SCSI disk out of a
Sparc last night, and put it in my PC. The SCSI card detected it,
and I modprobed the ufs module into the mix, but I got errors which
led me to think the partiton table isn't readable. I ran fdisk on it,
and verified that idea. Is there another module I need in order to use
Sparc SCSI disks? I thought the Linux-Sparc team would have had to have
solved this already.

I think I'm about to drift into the Linux-on-Sparc world anyway.
I have a hankerin', and too much available hardware for my own good.

Andrew C. Esh
Computer Network Technology (finger for PGP key)
6500 Wedgwood Road 612.550.8000 (main)
Maple Grove MN 55311 612.550.8229 (direct) - CNT Inc. Home Page - ACE Home Page