    SubjectRe: 2.0, loggings, cpu quotas, 2.1 issues, etc.
    > Hmmmm. I don't know _THAT_ many big numbercrunchers, that are running LINUX right now...
    > (But I'd like to see that! ;-) )

    There are people using Linux boxes, and Linux clusters for large scale jobs.
    Various big batch cluster schedulers are available too.

    > Usually you still may do accounting. Well, I know it has some drawbacks, but for
    > most cases, you can create bills for your users, in dependancy to how much they
    > used your machine... - Isn't that what you want ?

    Yes. Well quite often its how departments split the bill for the 8 alphas
    or whatever they bought together

    > Since LINUX is still run mostly on single-User-machines (Workstations ?! :-) ),
    > you won't need such a kernel-feature. And since it would decrease performace, I would make
    > at best a "configurable option" for the kernel.

    Its a configurable item for sure as is all accounting/auditing

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:39.044 seconds]