    SubjectRe: 2.0, loggings, cpu quotas, 2.1 issues, etc.
    > It's implementable. The kernel needs a "struct userinfo" per logged-in user
    > for that to work. The same structure could also hold total memory usage,
    > which would enable us to finally block most of the more malicious
    > fork/malloc bombs.

    Make that a chargeable group and we get the ability to partition a big
    machine up by department and to do sensible charging schemes. For big number
    crunchers that is an issue.

    > But then, if you have that kind of user population where this is a
    > significant problem, your money is better spent on educating these guys to
    > Not Do That (and kick the few people who can't understand the words "cease
    > and desist" off the system).

    Users you can educate, "Customers" tend to be trickier

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:10.608 seconds]