SubjectRe: [no tech content] list moderation
   Date: 	Sat, 1 Jun 1996 22:01:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kevin M Bealer <kmb203@psu.edu>

It seems to me that this list's problem is not moderation -- most of us
would be glad to not reply/reply elsewhere if corrected, but the turn around
is around a week for a dead-thread to end.. (or so it seems)

I think a better solution would be to give a few trusted folk keys to the
list such that they could kill all further propagation of a thread.

Bzzt, wrong answer. This is the linux-kernel mailing list, not San
Quentin. I don't think I'll be setting up such a scheme, thank you
very much.

If people can't control themselves on what should be discussed and
when something has been exhausted beyond usefulness, I might as well
just turn off the lists right now.

Later,
David S. Miller
dm@sgi.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.034 / U:8.932 seconds]