    Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 17:15:09 -0700 (PDT)

    In <> David A Willmore
    <> writes:

    >I like this idea. Two lines/drive total and two more for a host adapter
    >would be fine. I'll look into this.

    As I assume this will also affect the info returned by dmesg, please
    make sure a verbose flag can be set in lilo or passed to the kernel, as
    I for one prefer the current verbose output, especially when looking for
    problems with dmesg.

    If we're going to consider decreasing the bootup verbosity, this should be a
    kernel configuration option. There have been many times I've gone back to look
    at old system logs to see if/when something started looking different, which
    would not have been possible if the more verbose information were only logged
    when specifically requested.

    I suggest that some kind of consensus should be reached before any such changes
    are made. This is not a bug to be fixed, but an aesthetic decision about which
    reasonable people may disagree. I for one think useful verbosity is a good
    thing. It costs very little in practice.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.016 / U:55.188 seconds]