SubjectRe: Documentation
Date
- From Lauri Tischler (ltischler@fipower.fi)
Thu, 30 May 1996 15:14:51 GMT +2

> A document where are all module parameters would be very handy.

Yes, I imagine that a lot of people would find it useful. Spend an
afternoon with linuxdoc-sgml, a recent source tree, find and grep, and
you will probably make a lot of people happy.

> Also paper where are all LILO/LOADLIN parameters in case module is
> permanent in kernel.

Already exists. See the BootPrompt-HowTo, which has this covered. I have
yet to add all the new v2.0.x options to it yet, but here is a partial
list of what I will be updating when I get a few spare jiffies. If you
see any I have missed, drop me a note.

Paul.

-------------------------------

buslogic=
Replaced by BusLogic= around 1.3.51 -- many more integer
parameters. Partially documented at the bottom of BusLogic.c

ramdisk=
Relpaced by multiple options around 1.3.48 -- see the file
./Documentation/ramdisk.txt for the new options.

lp=
Added to 1.3.75 to block printer driver from stealing all
of the || ports. Useful for combining lp & plip & ||port SCSI.

vga=
Missing from HowTo. Also recently changed (1.3.75) -- see the
file ./Documentation/svga.txt

profile=
Kernel profiling goodies. Missing from HowTo

noinitrd=
Werner's new 2 stage boot process for booting minimal kernel,
adding modules, and then chroot'ing to the real root, etc.

swap=
vm tuning parameters thanks to sct.

buff=
more vm tuning parameters thanks to sct

panic=
used to reboot (unattended) N seconds after panic.

no-scroll=
used to disable console scrollback for Braiile terminals

ncr5380=
another scsi driver

ncr53c400=
another scsi driver

ncr53c406a=
another scsi driver

ppa=
|| port SCSI driver / ZIP drive units.

AM53C974=
AMD SCSI driver

icn=
ISDN goodies

teles=
more ISDN goodies

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.034 / U:0.196 seconds]