    Subject[OFFTOPIC] Re: Quantum Mechanics

    i guess that [OFFTOPIC] label is just as good as "flock()...." or
    "floating point ..." -> most people push "D" and forget about it.

    On Fri, 24 May 1996, Mike Wangsmo wrote:

    > <snip> A beam of light that travels from a
    > point on the edge of the outer diameter of the base of the cone through
    > the center is affected so strongly by the massive gravity that it is slowed
    > dramatically as it finally escapes the forces of attraction from gravity.
    > However an object that travels around the base of the cone (thus avoiding
    > the massive gravity) has no noticable reduction in velocity due to
    > gravity. <snip>

    Nonsense. What do you say about the following construction:

    - I mirror a plain lightbeam to the Moon and back to some target. In those
    20 seconds or so, i can step to the target .... i'm faster than light???

    If you say that you can be faster than light >on the same track<, then you
    >are< faster than light. It means nothing if you reach a point in space
    faster than a lightbeam.

    -- mingo

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.023 / U:0.216 seconds]