SubjectRe: Apple MkLinux
On Fri, 17 May 1996, Packet Sniffer wrote:

> Will the MkLinux code that Apple has been working on be put directly into
> the current Linux distribution any time soon, if at all?

Hmm, as it's for the Mach (??) Micro kernel, I don't think that apple
have any special claim to put there name on it (ie you called it Apple
MkLinux), I don't know, but I think they'd have to GPL it. As for going
in the "offical" source tree, I've no idea, but I think it'd be helpful
in doing native Linux ports (ie if you want a native linux port, and
there's a Mach port, you can development can take place much more easly
(How do you go about porting something like the linux kernel to a new
architecture anyway ?).
Bryn
--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten, \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( | initiated.
| blank, apart from this text ;-)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.032 / U:1.000 seconds]