    SubjectRe: binfmt_java problems
    On Wed, 15 May 1996, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

    > Jaques, the point is that the path currently hard-coded in the kernel
    > may bloody well not even be accessible to the person who needs to
    > install the software. If it should have a fixed path (which I
    > personally don't necessarily mind) it should be in /bin or /sbin
    > (which in turn could be a symlink.)

    I sort of agree with the person who said that we have too many hard-coded
    paths in the kernel already. You could put in a default, and if so it
    should be in /bin in that /bin is pretty-much guaranteed to be around at
    boot time.

    But it ought to be something you can override via /proc/sys and, yes,
    distributors should expect to have to write something to the /proc file to
    override if they don't like the default (and assuming they don't override it
    when they load the *MODULE*)....

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:23.140 seconds]