    SubjectSA_STACK
    Date
    In the current kernel there is potential for supporting the
    sigaltstack() call, and struct sigaction contains an obsolete
    field (sa_restorer) which could probably be changed to something
    like sa_sigaltsp. Shouldn't this be moved out into the kernel
    task_struct because according to the definition of sigaltstack()
    the signal stack is not per sig-handler but 1 per process, even
    though sigaltstack() can be called multiple times.

    Am I wrong about this?

    In any case, what would be the side effects? There is no sigaltstack()
    in libc 5.3.12 as far as I can see so I dont see a problem with patching
    it. I do see alternate stack stuff in elfcore struct elf_prstatus but
    it is #if 0, (waiting for someone to imp? :) )

    -Melvin

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:0.080 seconds]