SubjectRe: 'java in kernel' defaults
Date
> However it's not a standard place for Java itself. If I copy or link
> Java stuff to /usr/bin it complains that on bad Java root directory.
> So, until somebody develops native Linux Java tools it would be better
> to follow Sun's Java conventions ( or guy's who did port). And until that
> time we, in fact,
> have no right to say that Linux supports Java binaries - it just invokes
> Sun's stuff to do job.

We have a file system standard for people to follow. There isnt much point
having one for people to not follow. Im sure that someone is perfectly
capable of recompiling the java tools or putting the right symlinks in.

And Linux does support java binaries - it knows how to invoke the tools. It
knows how to run sh scripts - it invokes the tool etc. The kernel doesnt
even directly support a dynamically linked ELF binary - it loads a binary
with a small helper embedded that loads the linker and adds the libraries

I dont see what you are trying to say

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.072 / U:21.940 seconds]