    SubjectShutdown problems.

    > > Does anyone have any ideas on this one? I have upgraded to version 5.2.16
    > > of libc, but this did not make any difference. It is not the network card
    > > driver which I thought originally as it happens on a totally different
    > > computer configuration using the same software setup. My guess is it's
    > > some problem with umsdos.
    >
    > I had a similar problem, but it wasn't a umsdos problem. Try installing
    > the newest version of init. You might have to compile it yourself, but
    > that all worked fine for me...

    I have three ext2fs based linux systems running 1.3.90 with the same
    version of init and it shuts down fine. That's why my assumption it is a
    umsdos problem. I am wondering if it is a change I made to inittab.
    I replaced the getty on console 1 with a shell script to allow users to
    start up X/telnet to our university mail server without an account.
    Previously this was loaded at the end of rc.local (ie before the gettys
    got started).

    Adrian.

    Adrian Garside, Email : 94ajg2@eng.cam.ac.uk //\ /\\
    Old Court, WWW : http://crystal.clare.cam.ac.uk/ || * \ v / * ||
    Clare College, \\____\O/____//
    Cambridge, / * /O\ * \
    CB2 1TL. \__/ " \__/

    - "What shall I do?"
    - "Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe,
    you could try telling it not to bother."
    -- Rincewind and Eric at the Beginning of Time
    (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:88.088 seconds]