    SubjectRe: Problem with RootNFS

    On Mon, 13 May 1996, Bartlomiej Czardybon wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 May 1996, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
    >

    > > > IP Number of computer I run is obtained by BOOTP, from Netware server.
    > > > It is ok. Kernel says that it got IP number and IP of gateway, and...
    > > > it tries to make NFS connection to Netware server instead of that given
    > > > as parameter.
    > > > Is it a bug or feature ?. How can I make kernel to mount root by
    > > > NFS from 157.158.12.30 ?
    > >
    > > It was a bug. Some kind soul fixed this recently.
    > >
    > > This bug has been creeping out every time somebody adds a new
    > > wonder-feature to nfsroot.
    > >
    > > Miguel.
    > >
    > Thank You, I found it fixed in 1.3.100, now I've got a second problema:
    > is it possible to have swapfile mounted on rootnfs ? How to ? Any HOWTO ?

    I have seen such a patch in some (old!) package for booting from a bootrom.
    Here is a lsm:
    Begin3
    Title: netboot-nfs
    Version: 1.2
    Entered-date: 04 Mar 1995
    network, mounting the root filesystem via NFS and using a
    swap file on a NFS filesystem. It includes the necessary
    patches for Linux kernel 1.1.92, and tools to boot a disk-
    less computer.