    SubjectRe: Possible /etc/kernel.conf?
    > On Mon, 13 May 1996, Shinanyaku wrote:
    > > You know. If a /proc/config existed, it could be used during kernel
    > > configuration also. An autoconfig would be only a script away.
    > >
    > > > I have implement this a long time ago but felt that people would consider
    > > > a kernel bloat. Any interest, I must have the patch somewhere.
    > Well, it would be nice to have an /etc/kernel.conf file, actually. I'm not
    > sure how useful /proc/config would be, but it would be logical to make
    > /etc/kernel.conf a link to it. At the very least, it'd be highly useful to
    > take the basic kernel configuration out of the kernel source directory, at
    > least as some sort of option....
    No, a _file_ /etc/kernel.conf is IMO a bad idea. Those who really need to know how a kernel
    was built usually have more than one kernel to boot, so this information must
    be stored _in_ the kernel image.

    > lilo
    +--+ Hartmut

    Hartmut Niemann
    Zum Aussichtsturm 18 D-91080 Marloffstein

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:188.812 seconds]