lkml.org 
[lkml]   [1996]   [May]   [11]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
Date
SubjectRe: arp-recv in 13.99
I'm seeing this exact same sequence.  The protection fault relating to arp
followed by complete unusability of /dev/cua0, which functions as my
secondary CSLIP interface (the primary one is my default gateway to the
internet, on /dev/cua1).


lilo

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Johan Henselmans wrote:

> Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 10:57:00 +0100 (WET DST)
> From: Johan Henselmans <johan@hsb.nest.nl>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: arp-recv in 13.99
>
> This happened in 1399. I am back to 1398
>
> Regards,
>
> Johan
>
> Johan Henselmans
> work: johan@netsense.nl tel: (+31)-(0)20-6261180
> Netsense bv, Nieuwe Herengracht 147 1011 SG Amsterdam
> home: johan@hsb.nest.nl tel: (+31)-(0)20-6267538
> Nieuwe Herengracht 147d 1011 SG Amsterdam
>
> general protection: 0000
> CPU: 0
> EIP: 0010:[<0014d2b8>]
> EFLAGS: 00010206
> eax: 2b000000 ebx: 014f4ec1 ecx: 00ddbd0c edx: 6f000000
> esi: 00ddbd44 edi: 00ddbd12 ebp: 001e9088 esp: 001dbf4c
> ds: 0018 es: 0018 fs: 002b gs: 0018 ss: 0018
> Process swapper (pid: 0, process nr: 0, stackpage=001da05c)
> Stack: 00000000 001dff7c 00ddbd44 001f0608 00ddbd12 3f4f4ec1 00a8d0f4 00ddbd0c
> 00000040 001ffa98 014f4ec1 3f4f4ec1 001399b0 00ddbd44 001e9088 001dff7c
> 00000040 ffffffc0 00000040 001ffa98 001163f3 001dbfb4 001dc03c 00000000
> Call Trace: [<001399b0>] [<001163f3>] [<0010a4bb>] [<001096e4>] [<0010a539>] [<00109418>]
> Code: 39 6a 20 75 0a 8b 42 10 31 d8 85 42 14 74 06 8b 12 85 d2 75
> Aiee, killing interrupt handler
> kfree of non-kmalloced memory: 001dc09c, next= 00000019, order=0
> kfree of non-kmalloced memory: 001dc08c, next= 00000019, order=0
> kfree of non-kmalloced memory: 001dc4c0, next= 00000019, order=0
>
> Using `/System.1399' to map addresses to symbols.
>
> >>EIP: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10a4bb <handle_bottom_half+b/20>
> Trace: 1096e4 <sys_idle+5c/70>
> Trace: 10a539 <system_call+59/a0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
>
>
>
> general protection: 0000
> CPU: 0
> EIP: 0010:[<0014d2b8>]
> EFLAGS: 00010206
> eax: 001e9088 ebx: 144f4ec1 ecx: 0091b430 edx: 6f000000
> esi: 0091b468 edi: 0091b436 ebp: 001e9088 esp: 001db91c
> ds: 0018 es: 0018 fs: 002b gs: 0000 ss: 0018
> Process swapper (pid: 0, process nr: 0, stackpage=001da05c)
> Stack: 00000000 001dff7c 0091b468 001f0608 0091b436 0c4f4ec1 00a8d0f4 0091b430
> 00000040 001ffa98 144f4ec1 0c4f4ec1 001399b0 0091b468 001e9088 001dff7c
> 00000040 ffffffc0 00000040 001ffa98 001163f3 001db984 00000000 0000000b
> Call Trace: [<001399b0>] [<001163f3>] [<0010a4bb>] [<00134f50>] [<00115142>] [<00109418>] [<0010aaf2>]
> [<00190000>] [<02000000>] [<01800000>] [<0010ae90>] [<00190000>] [<0010ae68>] [<0010a6eb>] [<00190000>]
> [<0014d2b8>] [<001399b0>] [<001163f3>] [<0010ff1d>] [<00114fe6>] [<001152bd>] [<00109418>] [<0010aaf2>]
> [<02000000>] [<01800000>] [<0010ae90>] [<0010ae68>] [<0010a6eb>] [<00190018>] [<0014d2b8>] [<001399b0>]
> [<001163f3>] [<0010a4bb>] [<00114f4f>] [<0011528e>] [<00109418>] [<0010aaf2>] [<02000000>] [<01800000>]
> [<0010ae90>] [<0010ae68>] [<0010a6eb>] [<00190018>] [<0014d2b8>] [<001399b0>] [<001163f3>] [<0010a4bb>]
> [<00114f36>] [<0011528e>] [<00109418>] [<0010aaf2>] [<02000000>] [<01800000>] [<0010ae90>] [<0010ae68>]
> [<0010a6eb>] [<00180018>] [<0014d2b8>] [<001399b0>] [<001163f3>] [<0010ff1d>] [<00114fe6>] [<001152bd>]
> [<00109418>] [<0010aaf2>] [<02000000>] [<01800000>] [<0010ae90>] [<0010ae68>] [<0010a6eb>] [<00190018>]
> [<0014d2b8>] [<001399b0>] [<001163f3>] [<0010a4bb>] [<001096e4>] [<0010a539>] [<00109418>]
> Code: 39 6a 20 75 0a 8b 42 10 31 d8 85 42 14 74 06 8b 12 85 d2 75
> Aiee, killing interrupt handler
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Attempt to open closing tty ttyS1.
> Ack!!!! This should never happen!!
> Using `/System.1399' to map addresses to symbols.
>
> >>EIP: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10a4bb <handle_bottom_half+b/20>
> Trace: 134f50 <sem_exit+148/160>
> Trace: 115142 <do_exit+4e/1d0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
> Trace: 10aaf2 <die_if_kernel+2b6/2c0>
> Trace: 190000 <do_unblank_screen+98/f0>
> Trace: 2000000
> Trace: 1800000
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 190000 <do_unblank_screen+98/f0>
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10a6eb <error_code+4b/60>
> Trace: 190000 <do_unblank_screen+98/f0>
> Trace: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10ff1d <schedule+35/274>
> Trace: 114fe6 <exit_notify+ce/1dc>
> Trace: 1152bd <do_exit+1c9/1d0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
> Trace: 10aaf2 <die_if_kernel+2b6/2c0>
> Trace: 2000000
> Trace: 1800000
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10a6eb <error_code+4b/60>
> Trace: 190018 <do_unblank_screen+b0/f0>
> Trace: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10a4bb <handle_bottom_half+b/20>
> Trace: 114f4f <exit_notify+37/1dc>
> Trace: 11528e <do_exit+19a/1d0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
> Trace: 10aaf2 <die_if_kernel+2b6/2c0>
> Trace: 2000000
> Trace: 1800000
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10a6eb <error_code+4b/60>
> Trace: 190018 <do_unblank_screen+b0/f0>
> Trace: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10a4bb <handle_bottom_half+b/20>
> Trace: 114f36 <exit_notify+1e/1dc>
> Trace: 11528e <do_exit+19a/1d0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
> Trace: 10aaf2 <die_if_kernel+2b6/2c0>
> Trace: 2000000
> Trace: 1800000
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10a6eb <error_code+4b/60>
> Trace: 180018 <current_capacity+5c/70>
> Trace: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10ff1d <schedule+35/274>
> Trace: 114fe6 <exit_notify+ce/1dc>
> Trace: 1152bd <do_exit+1c9/1d0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
> Trace: 10aaf2 <die_if_kernel+2b6/2c0>
> Trace: 2000000
> Trace: 1800000
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10ae90 <do_general_protection+28/54>
> Trace: 10a6eb <error_code+4b/60>
> Trace: 190018 <do_unblank_screen+b0/f0>
> Trace: 14d2b8 <arp_rcv+184/32c>
> Trace: 1399b0 <net_bh+ec/10c>
> Trace: 1163f3 <do_bottom_half+3b/60>
> Trace: 10a4bb <handle_bottom_half+b/20>
> Trace: 1096e4 <sys_idle+5c/70>
> Trace: 10a539 <system_call+59/a0>
> Trace: 109418 <init>
>
>
>


\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.041 / U:2.256 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site