SubjectRe: [Q] Syquest Major Numbers?
Date
> No place else, however, can I find any logic or support for them. I
> have one and I know that it just appears as any other IDE
> device. Additional support seems unneeded.

You probably missed my announcement of an alpha-test version of a
driver for the EZ135p - it appeared here a couple of days ago.

In case the announcement got lost I'll point people again to

http://www.torque.net/ez135.html

> Why then, is there a reserved major number for it? It doesn't seem to
> /do/ anything .... unless, perhaps, we're talking about the Parallel
> port version? (In which case, that should be noted in device.txt).

The original text that I submitted to H. Peter Anvin did make this clear,
but the entry was edited :-( I have asked him to fix it.

Grant R. Guenther grant@torque.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.041 / U:0.536 seconds]