SubjectRe: NTFS Filesystem?
On  6 May 96 at 9:20, Paolo Pierini wrote:

> A very simple question from a newcomer on this list.
>
> I have a dual boot Linux 1.3.97 / Windows NT 3.51 installation
> (ok, shame on me, but please don't start a flame war asking me why
> should
> I have WNT installed on my machine :-) )
> I am quite happy since NTLDR.COM behaves nicely with respect to my
> MBR and I can have lilo boot either linux or NT.
>
> I would also like, however, to have access to the NTFS disk on
> the system. Is this possible? Or, I should say, is somebody
> working on that? I guess it's not a straightforward thing
> and not many people want it in the first place...

As NTFS is based on HPFS from OS/2, it might be worth the try to
reuse the HPFS code. This does not mean that it'll work, but I guess
anybody who wants to write a filesystem should have a look at
existing code first. Maybe the HPFS will get writing capabilities
that way...

> thanks
>
> --
> Paolo Pierini: Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
> Lab. LASA / Via Cervi, 201 / I-20090 Segrate (MI), Italy
>
> Tel: x39-2-2392-560 pierini@mi.infn.it
> http://hptesla.mi.infn.it/staff/pp.html

Ulrich

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.029 / U:1.216 seconds]