    SubjectRe: your mail
    I have the same problem.  I know that I have good stuff and all the
    right answers to the questions. Also, ifconfig'ing eth0 now adds a
    route entry saying that the machine is not here but somewhere out there
    on the net. If I don't delete that improper route entry, I start getting
    socket distroy delayed messages. As for ifconfig reporting the wrong
    io address, when did this change? Until very recently, it was reporting
    everything correctly.

    On Thu, 9 May 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > In 1.3.99, the 8390 support seems completely broken, and 1.3.98 it was
    > > marginally usable. In '99, eth0: WD8013 reports 0x300 as the IO
    > > address, but in ifconfig, it says 0x310. Really strange. In '98,
    > Its supposed to, it always has. Read the ethernet howto.
    > > ethernet seems to crash randomly or become really slow. Transfer rates
    > > dropped to half what it was in the 1.3.70-series kernels. Wierd... Any
    > > ideas what's happening?
    > For everyone else they have gone up about 20%. Do you have a bad
    > clone of some sort by any chance. Do you have an SMC ultra and an adaptec
    > scsi card, have you got caching disabled correctly for the WD8013 card
    > space, have you got an 8 bit card in the same 128K isa bus space, are
    > you running the ISA bus over 8MHz.
    > Does 1.2.13 work ?
    > Alan

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:80.308 seconds]