SubjectCONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL and kernel profiling support
Hi,
I was thinking that perhaps the option to enable kernel profiling support in
"make config/menuconfig/xconfig" should only show up if CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
is set to "y". I added a little to the end of arch/i386/config.in, but it
doesn't work for xconfig (though it appears to work for config and
menuconfig). I wanted the "Kernel hacking" button in xconfig to come up grey
if CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL isn't set, just as the SCSI low-level drivers button
comes up grey if CONFIG_SCSI isn't set, but I couldn't even get xconfig to
start up (it says: ``can't read "CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL": no such variable'').

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please? (It's obvious that I'm a
complete newbie at this -- this is probably incredibly simple.) Also, please
feel free to tell me if this is a bad idea or if it should be done differently.

Thanks very much,
Jim
jp201@cam.ac.uk

Here's the relevant part of config.in:

if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y" ]; then
mainmenu_option next_comment
comment 'Kernel hacking'
#bool 'Debug kmalloc/kfree' CONFIG_DEBUG_MALLOC
bool 'Kernel profiling support' CONFIG_PROFILE
if [ "$CONFIG_PROFILE" = "y" ]; then
int ' Profile shift count' CONFIG_PROFILE_SHIFT 2
fi
endmenu
fi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.050 / U:3.108 seconds]