    SubjectRe: sound volume and kerneld
    On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Christian Holtje <docwhat@crh1107.urh.uiuc.edu> wrote:

    > On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, William E. Roadcap wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, B. Galliart wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm running into a problem with using the sound module with kerneld.
    > > > Every time the modules is reloaded by kerneld it re-initalizes the volume.
    > > > I also would be interested in hearing if anyone has come up with any sort
    > > > of work around (regardless of how hokie it might be).
    > >
    > > This is an example line you can place in /etc/conf.modules. It is a work
    > > options sound ; { mixer vol 90 ; mixer pcm 90 ;} >/dev/null 2>&1
    > >
    > > There may be another work around, but I'm not sure. At some point
    >
    > Of course, you can just insmod the module and leave it in memory...
    > :)

    Yes, but that's like the old joke about the guy who told the doctor it
    hurts when I do this and the doctor tells him not to do that. ;-)

    Not really a cure, huh? As the sound driver is quite large, I'll leave
    mine as a module thank you. The idea is to find a work around when using
    modules!

    > And if you have a volume you like, you can edit the sources....

    A bit more reasonable but can tend cause rejections when it comes time to
    patch the kernel/sound driver.
    __
    William E. Roadcap mailto://roadcapw@cfw.com
    TITUS Software ftp://titus.cfw.com/pub
    Waynesboro, Va (USA) http://www.cfw.com/~roadcapw

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.021 / U:0.384 seconds]