    SubjectRe: Dual Monitor
    Hi, I am the author of Multimon and yes, I am still working on the project.
    Right now it only works on kernels below 1.3.75, but that will soon change.
    It offers dual monitor support, but unfortunately, you can't run X on two
    monitors at once because the video memory would be mapped to the same
    addresses. This is a hardware problem. I am currently looking at ColorGFX
    multiple monitor VGA cards, and hope to have a driver that works with them.
    Unfortunately, X is still a major problem because X handles everything, and
    the kernel doesn't get involved here. To get multiple monitor support for
    X, the X-servers will need to be rewritten. If linux-ggi gets off the
    ground, then this is a feasible possibility. Until then, two X monitors is
    just a dream.
    I am having major trouble finding technical references for PCI SVGA cards,
    and would like any pointers to information like this, because then you could
    use multiple VGA monitors, not just a VGA and a mono.

    Oh, one other thing - someone posted about allowing sizes other than 80x25
    for the VGA consoles. Multimon can handle any size VGA console, and all
    monitors can have a different size screen. Be careful of resizecons and
    friends though - I think I will need to patch these.

    Nultimon is available from my machine, deathstar.res.cmu.edu on anonymous ftp

    Zachary R. Amsden
    amsden@andrew.cmu.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:5.225 / U:0.000 seconds]