SubjectLinux-1.3.97 aka the "Killer Penguin" release..
The latest linux kernel, 1.3.97, is available at the normal ftp sites. This
should fix all of the known silly compilation problems with various setups that
I never tested in 1.3.96 (oops, silly me).

It also includes a new version of the in2000 SCSI driver - the old one never
really worked correctly, and hopefully the new one is better. Does anybody use
that controller (I haven't heard much about it lately, probably exactly because
it hasn't been very stable under linux)?

The floppy and aztcd driver also got updated, and the serial driver should
correctly unregister IO ports at module unload time.

Finally, the file read-ahead got updated a bit again, and it looks like this is
the final version of that code (with possibly tweaks for the amount of
read-ahead still to come, rather than changes to actual behaviour).

Bring on the penguins,

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.097 / U:3.516 seconds]