SubjectRe: dropping kerneld...
Date
Let me cast a "vote" in favor of kerneld.

I don't really see the point in using modules at all without a
facility like kerneld. I am surely not going to run insmod (and later
rmmod) by hand every time I want some facility (like a floppy driver)
which is not compiled into the core kernel. If kerneld is dropped for
version 2.0, I'll not use modules at all except where using them is
unavoidable.

As it stands, the default response in the configuration process is "N"
for kerneld. Leave it like that to allow those of us who don't have
problems with kerneld to continue using it. You can even mark it as
ALPHA if you want, but please leave it in.

Kevin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.123 / U:0.916 seconds]