    SubjectRe: dropping kerneld...
    Date

    > Yup, I'm missing a lot of pain and useless complications by not
    > using kerneld and modules. Quite useless contraptions both.

    If you have a lot of 2M and 4M machines doing various "odd jobs"
    around your network then modules and kerneld provide a nice solution.
    I can use a single kernel for each, only the conf.modules file is different,
    very nice. If you need to mount a filesystem you dont normaly then its
    transparent and the memory hit is temp. Or maybe you need to dial in via
    ppp once a month for an hour, why have ppp loaded all the time on a 2M box.
    I cant get this price/performance anywhere but Linux and modules/kerneld
    play an important role.

    Mike Kilburn

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.016 / U:1.776 seconds]