SubjectRE: Safety of Linux vs. NSA

Hi "Hans-Georg v.Zezschwitz"; On 25-Apr-96 you wrote:

> There was - according to the report - an inquiry of the congress about
> these affairs (and the strange suicide of a former NSA-programmer who
> wanted to meet a reporter the next day, but died in his hotel). Within
> this inquiry, Microsoft complained about pressure from the NSA for
> including back entrances to Windows 95 for the NSA to enter
> the harddisk content as well. (Moreover about Lotus Notes 4 who had
> to reveal 24 bits of the security key for eMail to the NSA).

So this is how they (M$) mask their action. how innovative, alebit misleading.

> Well, I know, for some of you this sound incredible, for others I'm
> telling what everybody knows. But what I want to point out:
> Another argument for Linux might be, that any backentrance that
> involves the change of the OS should be found by the community within
> several days, and Linux in some ways is probably the only real OS that
> can be claimed free of the influence of any national interests.

Not incredible. What ``national interests'' are being served by this?
Political and dictatorial interests, maybe. National, no.

Sincerely Yours, (Sent on 04/25/96, 19:41:15 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro
Director of Technology i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net 13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.133 / U:0.084 seconds]