SubjectRe: Greased Hedgehog II: Corrupt FTP transfers?
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 unix-l@inacom.com wrote:

[my stuff about corrupt ftp's deleted]
> For starters, how about doing an ftp to 127.0.0.1 (your local loopback
> tcp/ip connection)? Does this work?

Yes that works. I could not reproduce the problem last night but that was
ftp'ing to my CSLIP host machine. I have never had corrupt ftp transfers
before that I can remember. This seems to be a new behaviour since
somewhere in 1.3.8x but it is not consistent since some transfers seem
fine.

Bad line quality is not an issue as there are no errors reported by
ifconfig and a get 1.5K/s from a 14.4 modem. Both ncftp and ftp have shown
this behaviour although I only get corrupted transfers to distant sites
such as ftp.funet.fi or ftp.cs.helsinki.fi. Sometimes ftp'ing the file
again is successful and sometimes not. What is common though is that the
file turns up 1 byte short.

I had a few people say they had also had corrupt ftp transfers. If I spot
a more concrete pattern to things I'll try to track it down further ...

--Craig

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.025 / U:0.204 seconds]