    SubjectRe: loop/mount - was: Re: /proc/misc has bad mode
    Matthias Urlichs:

    > I patched my loopback device and my mount binary
    > so that closing or unmounting /dev/loop? automatically
    > disassociates the device from the file.

    Andries Brouwer:

    : No patch required, that is the default behaviour of the current mount.

    Matthias Urlichs:

    We can do things either way, of course, but I do like my way better.
    Umount should be able to undo whatever it is mount does by doing a
    simple umount(2) system call.

    Well, the symmetry is perfect: if mount does just a mount(2) system
    call, then umount does just an umount(2) system call.
    If mount also does an ioctl, then also umount does an ioctl.

    Consider am "emergency" reboot

    Do you seriously think this additional ioctl makes any difference?

    Andries

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.019 / U:0.340 seconds]