SubjectRe: 1.3.94 and AFFS

DAW> There's a problem building affs under 1.3.94. It appears to be a
DAW> quick-fix, though, so here's a patch. Disclaimer: I haven't yet
DAW> rebooted with this patch, let alone tried it out on a real Amiga
DAW> disk.

Thx, I already got those fixes in my source-tree and I'm going to
send it to Linus within long, when I get it cleaned up a little
further.

A few things you should note about the AFFS support, it's read-only (I
forgot to add that to Config.in) and its big-endian dependent. I will
not recommend that you include AFFS in non-m68k kernels for the time
being (some guy, whos name I can never remember, made it read-write
and useable on the PC). Besides you will never be able to read AFFS
floppies on anything but an Amiga due to hardware limitations in the
standard floppy-controllers found in most systems.

At last, as Linus stated, the m68k support is not fully integrated so
it is currently not possible to compile a m68k kernel from the native
source-tree.

Regards, Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:0.132 seconds]