SubjectRe: linux nono after installing win95

> > Since i have my linux box on the 2nd ide hdd port i thought i could
> > easilly do a clean win95 install on the 1st without damaging my linux
> > root partition. Now this has happened, i cant boot linux (boot and/or
> > root disk trick) anymore, all of a sudden it seems linux doesnt like my
> > ide controller anymore. Can i blame win95 or myself ??
>
> windows95 is nice enough to re-write the bootsector so your computer
> boots to Win95. With the IDE Controller, if Win95 changed its parameters
> to a non-standard setting, you'll have to change it back. When I had
> a seperate EIDE controller, it came with a disk to change the settings...
> (Or I could just use a jumper on the board). Other than that, I have no
> other suggestions. Hopefully, that helps.
> Also, Go in to your Win95 control panel, then System, then view devices...
> select the IDE controller and click on properties... it should tell
> you something about the settings of the card.

Ah that makes sense, i already got the feeling win95 did sumthing to my
onboard eide controller. That basically the main problem, anyways i'll
check the properties and hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks a bunch,

-Renzo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.140 / U:0.044 seconds]