SubjectX-Windows
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Salinardi <csalin01@kepler.poly.edu> writes:

Chris> Lately, while in X I have been having keyboard and mouse
Chris> lockups. The mouse cursor moves, but none of the clicks do
Chris> anything. I can shut the system down from another machine, but
Chris> I can't get my machine to do anything. So far it's only
Chris> happened while running Netscape 2.01, but there was a time,
Chris> (somewhere between 1.3.85 - 1.3.88) where Netscape couldn't
Chris> have worked any better. I don't want to put all the blame on
Chris> the kernel, but just wanted to know if anyone else is having
Chris> this problem. The system doesn't give any strange messages
Chris> either. Anybody have an idea why this is happening?

I've had this problem as well, and it's almost certainly a netscape
thing. It always seems to happen if my finger slips and I open and
close a menu item too quickly at the wrong time. Presumably, Netscape
is doing a global pointer grab and then forgetting about it. I wonder
if it happens on other unices?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.053 / U:4.176 seconds]