SubjectDPT scsi controller and driver

I have an old mother board AMI bios circa 6/92. 486 EISA board (well it
was a great mother board when I bought it ;-). I have been running SCO
Unix with a DPT 2012B EISA controller. I have since upgraded this
application to a new machine and was hoping to put Linux on this one.

I have Linux running on a PCI DPT controller with a driver written by
neuffer@etc....... Very solid machine and driver. I must thank neuffer
for writing this uptime of months (indeed only down when I want it down)
and no problesm with multiple drives, cdroms and tapes. Very solid with
great performance.

So Cool, just put linux on my old box. The install fails with the
following message:

No BIOS32 extensions present. This release depends on it. Sorry.

Unfortunately, so am I. Does any one know

1) Can the driver be fixed/updated/patched to work with this combination?

2) Can I get a bios upgrade for the mother board/controller to get Linux
installed?

3) Any other solution??

thanks for any help.

bob shepard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.028 / U:0.156 seconds]