    SubjectRe: Linux on Microvax.
    Cees de Groot wrote:
    > said:
    > > Has any body installed linux on a Micorvax? What do I need to do to
    > > install linux on Mvax.
    > Well, start porting :-). Linux doesn't run on VAXen, and I presume it never
    > will. The netBSD people are at it, however (it already runs on older VAXen
    > like the 11/780, AFAIR), you'd better keep an eye on them if you want to run a
    > free Unix on a muVAX.

    NetBSD is also running on MVII with ethernet and RD-disks.

    > Porting Linux on VAX would be very well possible, but because VAXen aren't
    > built anymore, they are either slower than a cheap PC, or they need

    Oh yeah ? DEC has NOT stopped building Vax yet. There are new models out almost
    every quarter !

    > airconditioning and a special deal with your electricity supplier :-).

    Not. The new models are often in pizza boxes supposed to be used in normal office

    > Cees
    > --
    > Cees de Groot <>
    > OpenLink Software, Inc.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.023 / U:16.848 seconds]