SubjectRe: still problems with kernel PLL in Linux 1.3.83
On 10 Apr 96 at 17:52, lilo wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:
>
> > lilo:

> > > That would certainly explain what I've seen. Thank you for the input! :)
> >
> > Just curious: is anyone working on upgrading the kernel PLL to the
> > current xntpd spec? Preferably, before 1.4/2.0 is released...
>
> All the comments on the list so far have been problem reports, doesn't sound
> like anyone is. Mr. Mills is the author, but lord knows xntpd has been
> ported to a lot of systems, and I'm sure his time is taken up with stuff
> relating to his own environment.... ;)

Just to avoid confusion: Dr. Mills created xntp, and the reference
clock model, as well as an implementation. That's why his copyright
is there, but he did not write the Linux-specific code. I guess it's
up to the people at Erlangen, Germany (mskuhn, Torsten Duwe), because
they hav experience with that (I blindly assume).

> I might take a look at it if I get a chance, after the rent gets paid.... :)
>

> lilo

Ulrich

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.033 / U:0.904 seconds]